Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ultimate Chicken Fingers

DSC_0974_ed

I found this recipe on Pinterest and while making it, I realized the recipe was on the back of the Bisquick box!  I don't often use mixes like Bisquick, but this sounded too good to pass up. I've seen recipes for homemade Bisquick before that I would like to try.

We really loved these chicken fingers.  The girls couldn't get enough, and I started making them almost weekly for a while because it was a sure-fire way to get them to eat some protein!  I've even doubled the recipe before and just made sure to use two separate resealable bags, otherwise the dry mix starts to get too sticky from the egg-coated chicken.

Ultimate Chicken Fingers

Serves 4

Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
2/3 cup original Bisquick mix (store bought or homemade)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika (I used Sweet Hungarian Paprika)
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450F.

1. Line a jelly roll pan with foil, spray with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, mix Bisquick, cheese, salt, and paprika.

3. Dip half the chicken strips into the egg and place in the bag. Seal bag and shake to coat chicken. Place the chicken on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.

4. Drizzle melted butter over chicken.

5. Bake 12 - 14 minutes, turning halfway through bake time, until chicken is thoroughly cooked (I use my Thermapen and make sure they are at least 165F; they usually end up around 170-180 but are still juicy).
DSC_0972_ed

Source: Bisquick box

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP