Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Ella's 1st Birthday Party


Our sweet little girl Ella turned 1 in February, and I wanted to share a few photos from her Winter ONEderland Party.  I kept all of the snowflakes up from Ava's Frozen party, so the time spent decorating was considerably less. After going overboard with Ava's birthday party, I wanted to keep this party more simple but still honor our baby's first year.




White chocolate and peppermint-covered pretzel snowflakes (Rold Gold Brand):



Smash cake - a homemade, "healthy" banana cake. I won't link the recipe because it was really dense and awful and Ella wouldn't eat it. She did enjoy the Easy Vanilla Buttercream, which I tinted pink using homemade beet juice.



Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cake - this cake was my mom's birthday cake since her birthday is also in February. Two 9-inch layers of boxed strawberry cake.  Simple ganache on top of the first layer.  Sweetened whipped cream on top of the ganache and covering the cake.







Monthly photos I took of Ella throughout her first year:


The snowflake banner is actually made of coffee filters. Some I dyed with pink food coloring, then let dry flat.  I mounted her monthly pictures in the center of the snowflakes then strung them on some hemp twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP