Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fly Cookies - Both Butter and Dragon

DSCN6900_labeled

I mentioned in my last post that I had a few sets of decorated sugar cookies to share. I made this batch for my cousin's little girl Hailey's 6th birthday at the beginning of September. Why did I wait so long to post? I guess you could say I've been a bit busy and forgot!

DSCN6903_labeled

DSCN6907_labeled

DSCN6896_labeled

DSCN6892_labeled

DSCN6888_labeled

DSCN6886_labeled

DSCN6883_labeled

DSCN6881_labeled

My aunt gave me this neat dragonfly cookie cutter, and a new butterfly, so I made a variety of shapes. I used the same principles as the original Butterfly Cookies post, but this time I decided to do letters and numbers - her name and age to be exact. To do this, I made dots of icing and then ran the toothpick through to create her name and age in little tiny hearts. Hailey's favorite color is pink and my favorite color is purple, so I used those and threw in some yellow to compliment. I love the look of the black outline and design with these cookies - I think it really accentuates the colors. As always, these cookies were so fun to make and a true creative outlet! Hailey loved these and so did the rest of the family. Look for more sugar cookies to come!

9 comments:

  1. Those look so incredibly beautiful! I'm betting that your niece was thrilled!!!

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, your cookies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Can I say that again? WOW! These look amazing! I really like the look of sugar cookies, but they can take quite a bit of time, but after seeing these pictures I am going to have to make room in my schedule for some cookie decorating! These look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I come on over from Love at Home. These are unbelievable! Wow is right! Your niece is one lucky girl.

    I can't wait to see what your holiday sugar cookies are like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again I am completely blown away by your cookie decorating skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are B-E-A-utiful! I make decorated sugar cookies a lot and I know they are not easy to get that professional look ( mine always look like a 5 year old did it). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sugar cookie always turn out so perfectly - adorable! I'm such the birthday girl loved them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are perfectly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP