Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2009

Monkey Bread Muffins

Monkey Bread is something I never had until a few years ago. My mom found a recipe and made it for Christmas Day breakfast, and man was it good! I loved Maria's idea to make these into muffins, especially because it allows you to scale down the recipe for just two people. I made these for Bob and I for Easter breakfast. They are so delicious! Unless you're serving a huge crowd who can finish off a big bundt pan of Monkey Bread, these muffins are the way to go!

A little lop-sided but good nonetheless!

Monkey Bread Muffins

Yield: 4 muffins

Ingredients:
1 can of refrigerated biscuits (I bought a pack of 4 cans of biscuits, with each can containing 8 very small biscuits - so I used just 1 can, which made 4 Monkey Bread Muffins)
cinnamon
sugar
1/4 stick butter
1/4 cup brown sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin tin with oil or cooking spray.

2. Divide each biscuit in half and roll the dough into little balls. 

3. Combine the cinnamon and sugar to your liking. Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. 

4. Place four balls in each muffin cup.

5. Melt the butter and brown sugar in a small pot on the stove. Stir until melted and bubbly.

6. Pour the sauce over the muffins.

7. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

8. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 1 minute. Remove muffins from pan.

Source: Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

4 comments:

  1. Oh my. That looks so amazing! Deeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and yummy! I love that you can scale the recipe down for just a few people - extra monkey bread is very dangerous to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those look fantastic! I just stated an Italian food blog at:

    http://alphabetcook.blogspot.com/

    Stop on by!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 words. i heart monkey bread. mmm...... (okay, the mmmm made it 5)

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP